|Position:||Underground Utility Estimator [ME]|
|Location:||Dallas/ Fort Worth, TX|
The Utility Estimator will be responsible for preparing cost estimates for commercial, residential, and highway construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of utilities, take-offs, evaluate vendor quotes, change orders and contract updates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consult with vendors, personnel in other departments or construction supervisors to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
• Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
• Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
• Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
• Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
• Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
• Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
• Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in in civil construction utility estimating (water, sewer, storm utilities)
• Ability to multi-task and manage estimates for more than one project at any given time is required.
Salary Negotiable!Submit your resume now