|Position:||Iron Work Superintendent [MT]|
The Iron Work Superintendent is responsible for the following:
• Daily supervision and coordination of the erection of structural iron and prefabricated metal buildings for industrial and commercial construction projects.
• Actively work and be involved on projects.
• Complete projects within budget and on time.
• Supervise, coordinate labor, equipment and material requirements, schedule and inspect work activities.
• Ensure correct methods of construction and assigned work is on schedule.
• Read specs and blueprints, sketches and building plans.
• Prepare appropriate construction and erection methods of steel framework for industrial and commercial.
• Oversee raising, placement, and connection of iron/steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures.
• Coordinate the fastening of structural-steel members.
• Coordinate hoisting of the steel beams, grinders, and the columns into approximate positions for bolting into place.
• Verify vertical and horizontal alignment and stability of structures; of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, and/or levels.
• Trains, evaluates, develops, and mentors craft employees.
• Competent in OSHA regulations and craft specific safety requirements.Submit your resume now