|Position:||Shredder Manager [GL]|
|Industry Type:||Metals Recycling|
- Ensure that all company EH&S Policy are being adhered to daily.
- Direct and oversee the daily operations of the assigned yard(s).
- Responsibilities are ferrous and non-ferrous production scheduling to meet monthly sales requirements.
- Have full responsibility for Inventory Management, including production transfers.
- Ensure ferrous and nonferrous production levels are being met.
- Manufacture products that meet the quality demanded of our consumers and report any significant downtime to Manager.
- Coordinates with Human Resources regarding employee matters, including employee relations, employee development, and corrective action.
- Participate in the employment processes of personnel as required by company standards and to maintain production schedule.
- Monitor expenses to maintain cost within budgeted guidelines.
- Ensure equipment checked daily based on guidelines set forth by OSHA. Report any issues to the appropriate person(s).
- Make recommendations to the manager and human resources for hourly and salary personnel
- Responsible for monitoring incoming materials for hazardous content and determine to accept or reject status within the scope of defined company policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate daily shredder operation
- Maintenance & repairs of shredders and equipment
- Approve reports & documentation for shredder
- Track shredder parts in system
- Achieve production goals and decrease production costs
- Train all employees to use proper procedures for operation and maintenance
- Improve reporting for production, downtime, wear parts, costs, and tracking ferrous and non-ferrous recoveries
- Must be able to work any shift
- Assist and Supervise others to install/fabricate/alter and repair mill, conveyor and metal separation components
- High school or technical school diploma required, undergraduate degree preferred
- 7-10+ years’ operation & maintenance experience
- Scrap Metal knowledge/experience
- Understand equipment operations, determine any issues & solve it.