|Position:||Shipyard Estimator [KB]|
|Industry Type:||Shipbuilding and Repair|
Reputable company seeks to hire an experienced Shipyard Estimator to add to their team.
Qualified candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience estimating in the ship industry. Those without this experience will not be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Completes proposals, submittals, estimates & bid summary sheets.
- Identifies & communicates all special requirements on estimates to owners.
- Thoroughly reviews all customer specifications, drawings & technical data.
- Develops detailed itemized listing of required work task based on review of bid requests.
- Produces labor, material & subcontractor price estimates for all required work.
- Produces craft hours & subcontractor estimates on projects.
- Develops long lead & critical material list as required.
- Prepares estimates for Change Orders on new & existing projects.
- Develops craft labor budgets for planning & scheduling of project work.
- Compares subcontractor to in-house costs in order to make outsourcing decisions.
- Conducts turnover meeting for transfer of bid standards.
- Maintains time & production records.
- Demonstrates teamwork & cooperation with other departments & employees.
This is a full time, permanent position. Company will consider relocation.
Submit your resume now