|Position:||Senior Estimator - Commercial Construction [ME]|
|Location:||Farmington Hills, MI|
The Senior Estimator of Commercial Construction will possess at least 5 years' experience in preconstruction and estimating on commercial construction projects coupled with a strong focus on safety. Experience in ground-up estimating with commercial, government, or retail required with an understanding of OSHA regulations. Most projects are local.
Responsibilities of the Senior Estimator of Commercial Construction:
- Build and facilitate collaborative team processes among project participants (i.e. contractor, owner/developer, design professionals, and subcontractors).
- Develop and maintain business relationships to increase contract opportunities.
- Review and evaluate takeoffs and estimates prepared by estimating staff.
- Provide consultative guidance on constructability, schedule, phasing, and staffing.
- Analyze project program, design, costs, and subcontractor input and provide comparisons, cost savings, value engineering options, and other recommendations.
- Build and manage subcontractor relationships; facilitate bids and presentations.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of bid/proposal packages.
- Solicit vendor and subcontractor pricing/proposals.
- Perform site surveys and attends pre-bid/construction meetings.
Requirements of the Senior Estimator of Commercial Construction:
- 5+ years' experience in preconstruction and estimating construction projects
- Strong construction computer software skills including the ability to use construction estimating software, scheduling, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications
- OSHA regulation knowledge