|Position:||Senior Construction Estimator [ME]|
|Location:||West Palm Beach, FL|
Due to current growth and scheduled 2018 projects, we are currently seeking Senior Construction Estimators with at least eight (8) years’ construction experience in any of the following industries: commercial, residential, education, and/or government. The Construction Estimators are responsible for evaluating project specifications and drawings, ensuring that everything is required to successfully buy out the projects. Estimators must aggressively follow up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received. Estimators will also work closely with the project management and construction teams.
Responsible for leading preconstruction and estimating efforts. Estimates include small to large scale projects, developing new client relationships, maintaining existing subcontractor relationships, client engagement and presentations. This position may require travel from time to time.
- Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
- Develop estimates, budgets, quantity surveys and proposals accurately and competitively.
- Work with the Project Manager to select the best subcontractor considering both price and quality.
- Establish and maintain respectful and cooperative work relationships with co-workers, field personnel, sub-contractors, architects, owners, general contractors and other business associates.
- Solicits and maintains communication with sub-contracts and vendors.
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing for sub-contractors.
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline.
- Enters all relevant information in bid spreads.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all quality surveys and pricing are accurate and complete.