|Position:||Senior Construction Estimator [ME]|
|Location:||Ft. Lauderdale / Miami, FL|
Currently seeking a Senior Construction Estimator for an excellent opportunity in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area. The ideal candidate will possess 10+ years' experience in preconstruction and estimating on commercial construction projects coupled with 3+ years of management experience.
Responsibilities of the Senior Construction Estimator:
- Build and facilitate collaborative team processes among project participants (i.e. contractor, owner/developer, design professionals, and subcontractors).
- Supervise, direct, and mentor estimating staff to ensure individual development.
- Develop and maintain business relationships to increase contract opportunities.
- Review and evaluate takeoffs and estimates prepared by estimating staff.
- Provide consultative guidance on constructability, schedule, phasing, and staffing.
- Analyze project program, design, costs, and subcontractor input and provide comparisons, cost savings, value engineering options, and other recommendations.
- Build and manage subcontractor relationships; facilitate bids and presentations.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of bid/proposal packages.
- Solicit vendor and subcontractor pricing/proposals.
- Perform site surveys and attends pre-bid/construction meetings.
Requirements of the Senior Construction Estimator:
- 10+ years' experience in preconstruction and estimating on commercial construction projects
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong construction computer software skills including the ability to use construction estimating software, scheduling, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications