|Position:||Mechanical Estimator [TF]|
|Industry Type:||Mechanical Contracting|
Seeking Mechanical Estimator -Springfield, MA
The Mechanical Estimator will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and implement an estimate plan for assigned projects
- Utilize the task list as a tool to implement an estimate plan.
- Review all problems of take-off conditions and document interpretation and provide an analysis to Manager for direction.
- Perform the take-off with speed and accuracy
- Develop and be responsible for initial subcontractor or equipment vendors’ contact as required.
- Prepare, coordinate and convey project related instructions, information, questions, and clarifications between management and various vendor/subcontract groups.
- Notify manager of irregularities in vendor/subcontract quotations and unusual labor situations.
- Analyze changes in scope effectively and provide an estimate maximizing the profit potential of each scope change.
- Review all reported document scope and take-off inconsistencies and provide direction to estimating department that is in keeping with procedures.
- Review the estimate prior to bid wrap-up to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Develop, implement, and review take-off procedures for non-standard work.
- Verify that only work as shown on the documents or as instructed by the Manager is included in the take-off. Note all of your take-off assumptions and explain to supervisor.
- Prepare estimates that can easily be used as cost control/management tools by the operating personnel.
- Decide course of action quickly.
- Other assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Update trade take-off as needed thru out the bidding process and provide complete prints to chief/lead estimator for incorporation into the bid.
The Mechanical Designer will possess the following qualifications:
- Industry Degree preferred
- Experienced in Excel, Word and Outlook email software
- 5+ years commercial / industrial construction