|Position:||Mechanical Design Engineer- (HVAC Design sheet metal and Piping) [TF]|
|Industry Type:||Mechanical Contracting|
Currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to fill an opening in the Louisville, KY area. Interested candidates should have a strong background in product engineering function for the extrusion, HVAC and Plumbing markets. Develop new and innovative product designs, bringing customer focused, cost-effective products and processes to commercial/Industrial construction market.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Develop new and innovative HVAC/Plumbing construction designs using the design, testing, and analytic tools available in-house and through strategic research partnerships.
- Manage HVAC/Plumbing implementations from concept through installation launch and process sign off.
- Drive cost reductions through innovative designs.
- Provide technical support to customers and company sales force.
- Manage designs and drive continuous improvement throughout the design-build and installation life cycle.
- Assure company is up to date on advanced technologies throughout the industry, as well as industry and government trends and regulations.
- Actively supports our Safety Program.
Requirements of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on HVAC/Plumbing field
- 5+ years of engineering experience preferred
- Experience with HVAC/Plumbing Industry
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications
- Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to provide sound reliable judgment in complex situations
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self‐starter and able to work both independently and team environment with minimal supervision.