|Position:||Mechanical Controls Engineer [TF]|
|Location:||Ft Smith, AR|
|Industry Type:||Electrical Contracting|
Seeking Mechanical Controls Engineer in Ft. Smith, AR
The Mechanical Controls Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Review and approve project budget estimates.
- Administer internal and external design reviews.
- Compile and provide risk assessments and ToP’s (Turnover Package).
- Develop and implement system architecture including but not limited to network, power, safety, and functional performance driven designs. These may be Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, or a combination.
- Programming of HMI, PLC, SCADA, Vision, and Robot code.
- Three-dimensional Computer Aided Design in a parametric context.
- Finite Element and Statistical Process Analysis.
- Electromechanical Systems troubleshooting.
- Videographic and SPC data collection, organization, external system integration, and presentation.
- Customer Training.
- Contract labor and material resources, create purchase orders, and reconcile budgets.
- Manage contracted program launch, startup, and continuing customer/product support post closeout.
- Ensure work performed meets contracted Scope of Work while maintaining internal and customer accountability to contracts.
- Maintain incremental billing activities during project in accordance with contracted terms.
- Plan, administer, facilitate, and close-out SAT and FAT (Site / Factory Accept. Testing) project phases.
- Review Project Expenditures and conduct after-action project reviews.
- Plan, administer, and facilitate operational planning and reporting meetings.
- Prepare and review customer, inter-divisional, and vendor correspondence and Change Orders.
The Mechanical Controls Engineer will possess the following qualifications:
- Professional degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or related Engineering discipline required.
- 4 years of discipline-specific and organizational management experience preferred.
- Excelled verbal, written, and infographic communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with other employees and customers of varying educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- High proficiency in use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- High proficiency in use of MS Project.
- High proficiency in use of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, FEA, PLC, SCADA, and statistical process simulation software(s).
- Ability to solve complex problems within condensed schedules whilst working with difficult people.
- Ability to complete daily tasks with limited supervision and minimal errors requiring re-work.
- A current valid driver’s license is required.