|Position:||Estimator – Project Manager – Plumbing & HVAC Piping [BW]|
|Industry Type:||HVAC / Plumbing|
Estimator - Project Manager – Plumbing & HVAC Piping
As an Estimator/Project Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of a project from inception to close-out. We work on a wide range of project from small to large.
- Minimum of 5 years estimating experience required
- Initiate and maintain relationships with owners, design professionals, suppliers, subcontractors and others related to the project.
- Analyze blueprints, schematics, specifications and other construction documentation to prepare material, equipment, subcontractors and labor cost.
- Prepare estimates and written quotes that meet project requirements regarding materials, labor, subcontractors, equipment and schedule.
- Perform a thorough contract review for every project. Negotiate contract as necessary to comply with estimated scope of work.
- Ability to develop clear and detailed project scope and timeline with customers and general contractors
- Create schematic designs as needed for project estimates and construction.
- Prepare RFI’s, subcontracts, purchase orders and proposals using computer generated construction management software.
- Develop cost saving strategies during various phases of the project
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, subcontractors and superintendent on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare and maintain all required project documentation
- Manage and forecast projects for cost, profitability and schedule adherence.
- Maintain detailed and orderly estimate and project files.
- Manage project close-out
- Ensure that supervision is results oriented and promote the company’s culture in particular, regarding safety, quality and customer service to ensure profitability.
- Maintain a presence in the office and serve as an example of technical support, ethical and professional behavior for employees.
- Support continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Plumbing/Piping estimating experience
- Experience with Computerized estimating software is a must. Trimble Autobid Mechanical (Quickpen) is preferred but not required.
- Design/build experience
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work as a team
- Flexibility within a fast-paced environment
- In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package which includes: health, dental, 401K, cash balance plan and profit sharing