|Industry Type:||Shipbuilding and Repair|
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Direct, move, assist and securely moor vessels to dock.
- Understanding of mooring requirements of marine vessels and free board draft restrictions.
- Experience in vessel docking plans, block loading calculations, setting blocks, docking and undocking vessels.
- Manual operation of control components (valves, control valves, local control of pumps).
- Perform preventive maintenance on dock equipment.
- Recognize safety conditions around docks and marine vessels.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General seamanship knowledge that includes boating right-of-way rules, basic navigation and inshore and offshore mooring techniques. This person must also have a solid understanding of marina operations.
- Ability to read and comprehend docking plans/prints, instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Possess solid computer skills and systems knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must have very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledgeable in measurements and sampling of liquid oil in tanks, ships, barges, and as it pertains to Marine and Dock Operations.