|Position:||Construction Project Manager [ME]|
My client is hiring a Construction Project Manager with either industrial or light industrial experience. The Project Manager will ensure projects are planned, coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner. The Project Manager will be held responsible for all aspects related to his or her projects, and may delegate portions of their authority to other qualified personnel, but does not relinquish total responsibility.
Duties will include:
- Work with the Estimating Department to create proposals, RFP's, budgets and estimates for projects
- Competitively procure materials, equipment and subcontracts. Perform a detailed review of the bids received to enable the buyout of the project at or below the amount(s) in the original estimate
- Write subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders in a timely manner so that they are executed and resources are available prior to their scheduled delivery including solidification of the subcontractor's insurance prior to job site presence
- Meet with the Owner/Owner’s representative weekly (or more often if needed)
- Complete buy-out of all subcontracts, material and other suppliers
- Ensure pre-task planning for coordination, quality control, and safety is being properly done on the projects
- Provide oversight, direction, and coordination in the collection of data for any alleged bodily injury / property damage incident related to the project
- Communicate awareness and enforce the company policy in relation to equal employment opportunity and other unlawful harassment
- Coordination of submittals. Monitor submittal log to ensure all open items are resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Project Superintendent all RFI's. Ensure that all field RFI's have been properly entered in the PM software.
- Review the RFI log to ensure that all open items are resolved on a timely basis
- Monitor cost issues daily and adjust projections as required to ensure projected costs are true and an accurate account of final project costs